- MISUMI Top Page
- Cancellation policy
About changing and cancelling orders
Cancellation policy will vary depending on lead time of products. For changing or cancelling orders, contact us at email@example.com. Order change or cancellation possibly may not be accepted.
Stock items - Lead time 1 day
MISUMI will accept order changes or cancellations free of charge before shipping, latest at 4pm CET (Friday 3pm). After shipping, MISUMI will accept cancellation but will issue a 20% re-stocking charge.
Make-To-Order items (MTO)
Many of our products are make-to-order items (configurable), that are manufactured individually according to the customer’s requests for size and shape. To deliver the desired products for standard shipping orders within the shortest lead time, we start to produce on the day of our order confirmation. If an order modification or cancellation request is made by the customer after the production has started, the procedure for production cannot be stopped. Thus, we stipulate the policy for changing and cancelling orders as below.
For your benefit we have extended the free-of-charge cancellation period for all items ordered outside of the standard-shipping-date period.
Standard shipping date orders
When a standard shipping date is specified, changing or cancelling orders are difficult since the production starts on the day of order acceptance. However, we accept order change or cancellation by customers within 2 hours of order placement at free of charge (FOC). Cancellation are acceptable with 50% charge, after 2 hours of order placement, latest 4pm CET (Friday 3pm). Changing or cancelling orders will not be accepted after 4pm CET (Friday 3pm).
Cancellation or order change
- Acceptable FOC, within 2 hours after order
- Acceptable with 50% charge, after 2 hours of order placement, latest 4pm CET (Friday 3pm)
After order day
- Not acceptable
Products from third-party suppliers
Lead time 4 days or less
- Orders of products of third-party suppliers (non MISUMI products) with a lead time of 4 days or less can be cancelled within 2 hours after order placement.
Lead time more than 4 days
- Orders of products of third-party suppliers with a lead time of more than 4 days cannot be cancelled.
Future shipping date orders
When a future shipping date is specified, changing or cancelling orders will not be accepted within the quoted lead time in days prior to the specified shipping date.
Special large quantity orders
As confirmed upon quotation, cancellation of special large quantity orders is not acceptable.
About returning products
- Returning may be allowed under certain circumstances. Please contact MISUMI a firstname.lastname@example.org. Note that shipping charges for return to MISUMI are at customer’s expense.
- Returning make-to-order items is not allowed since they are manufactured with your configuration and cannot be diverted for other use.
- All orders and products are carefully checked. However if you receive other than the ordered products, please contact MISUMI.
Information about our terms and conditions you can find here.